Curious Toast Cafe is a warm and inviting environment that has called the first floor of The Historic John Pearce House home for the last couple years. The 6,000 Square Foot structure was built by Dr. John Pearce in 1905.
Since the beginning The Pearce House has been historic for its beautiful architectural designs and as the only house built downtown on Central Avenue alongside all commercial buildings. Dr. Pearce lived in the house up until 1933 and since then it has been used as a boarding house, a chiropractic clinic and in 1982 it was converted by architect Antoine Predock into the office space we know and love today.
Curious Toast stays nuzzled downstairs in the home’s living room and dining room area while the other floors are now occupied by entirely women owned businesses. Because of its historical significance and great artistic value to the community the property was added to the New Mexico State Register of Cultural Properties and the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 for long-term preservation.